misterdaniel: (Default)
[personal profile] misterdaniel
I think Kaz would like some messages of support if people were able to give them. She can get texts and read LJ comments but not emails (not yet at least).


Given that the birth was (comparatively) easier than last time and Kaz is in better shape, we were very much of the hope that the two of them would be home yesterday.

Unfortunately, she’s being kept on the ward for 48 hours. The young chap has been slightly out of sorts and as there was so long between waters breaking and birth they are checking for infection. It really is purely precautionary, but there’s nothing like watching a canella being put in your baby’s arm to invoke all kinds of fears.

As cultures take time to grow, they are still on the ward. As I have needed to look after Ellie and maintain her routine, they have not had much in the way of visitors or non-ward support. Even if everything is fine, such circumstances can lead one to go stir crazy.

Anyway, Kaz said that I could let people know our son’s name is Benjamin Kenneth Alan Williams.

Kenneth, or Ken, was my mum’s dad’s name and he passed away last year.

Alan is from [livejournal.com profile] alan_wells who introduced [livejournal.com profile] sheyna and I.

Benjamin is a name that we both liked and has various contractions and variations (which is something we also like in names).

This is a small setback but, all-in-all, that is all I believe it is. Even if Benjamin were unwell, at 10lb 5.5oz, he could lose 30% of his weight and still be a healthy birth weight (not that he is going to though)

Hopefully we get the all clear soon, though it may be that the precautions mean one more night on the ward.

Date: 2011-06-21 07:17 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] furzepig.livejournal.com
All the best to mum, and little Benjamin! Waiting can be excruciating, but at least they're being extra careful and not taking chances.
Hope they get home soon!

Date: 2011-06-21 07:30 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] littlemiscowboy.livejournal.com
Hello Benjamin! Welcome to this interesting world. :-)

Lots of love to you Kaz and we're all thinking of you both in hospital - Garrett sends his love. Keep smiling and you'll be home before you know it!

Hugz xxxxxx

Date: 2011-06-21 07:36 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] igotaplan.livejournal.com
Lovely name :)
*hugs* and best wishes for getting home soon

Date: 2011-06-21 08:03 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] plucky-lass.livejournal.com
*hugs* I can understand how terrifying that must be even though you know logically that he's going to be ok. I remember when Audrey had jaundice and pulled the blindfold off while on the sunlight lamp, how terrifying I found that but it was all absolutely fine and I'm sure Benjamin will be too.


I must say I'm totally welling up about your choice of name, but I think you expected that.

Date: 2011-06-21 08:27 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] knightclubber.livejournal.com
Good name choice. And not just because Game of Thrones makes me immediately think 'Benjen'. :)

Bets wishes and love to all of you though and I hope he gets a clean bill of health soon.

Date: 2011-06-21 06:57 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pax-draconis.livejournal.com
+1 on Benjen.

I have made appropriate sacrifice to the Great Old Ones. All the best to Kaz and BabyB.

Date: 2011-06-21 09:47 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] forest-rose.livejournal.com
Lovely name! I'm sure they'll both be fine and home with you soon. Lots of love to all xxx

Date: 2011-06-21 09:56 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ammos.livejournal.com
Hugs for you all. I hope they're both out of there soon and family life settles into the mad round of having 2 young people to deal with with poor tired parents trying to fit 5 minutes in for themselves once in awhile. More hugs.

Date: 2011-06-21 10:00 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] badgersandjam.livejournal.com
Hospitals suck, but I'm glad they're taking the precautions rather than not checking things out.

Welcome, Benjamin!

Date: 2011-06-21 10:03 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] nuclear-duchess.livejournal.com
Much love to all of you!

Date: 2011-06-21 10:06 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] donna-ov.livejournal.com
Congratulations to the both of you, it's so heart breaking watching your new born go through it. but you have fantastic friends around you sending there love.
I know it's been years since I saw you both, but I wish a speedy stay in hospital and then the fun really begins :) Just think of the benifical rest that is being forced on you (well Kaz), you will honestly be better for it to in body maybe not mind, gentle hugs and all the best, welcome to the world of two children and never getting a lie in :) xx

Date: 2011-06-21 10:24 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] alan-wells.livejournal.com
Wow, kind of trying not to blub here and ruin my reputation at my new port ;)

Date: 2011-06-21 10:41 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bigbadg.livejournal.com
I'm so happy for you guys and look forward to perusing young master Ben as soon as my cold has vanished.

Congratulations Kirsten and Daniel

Date: 2011-06-21 11:17 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mfl.livejournal.com
Congrats, great name and please pass on all our best All thinking of you

Date: 2011-06-21 01:51 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] svartmetall.livejournal.com
Already texted you, but *hug* anyway...

Date: 2011-06-21 03:44 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] blackcurrants.livejournal.com
Oh, so sorry to hear you're dealing with this, anything bad happening to a newborn is a physical pain, isn't it? Wishing you ALL lots of love and a swift, pleasant outcome. I hope everyone's snuggled up together at home, very very soon.

Benjamin the elder would also like to compliment Benjamin the younger on his excellent name. May he bring you all the joy ours has brought us!
(deleted comment)

Date: 2011-06-21 05:44 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] wyzziwig.livejournal.com
What he said!

Hope you get home soon.

Date: 2011-06-21 06:10 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] stevie-goblin.livejournal.com
Pass on my hugs and regards.

Date: 2011-06-21 07:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sjl-fmw.livejournal.com
I am in Queens *all day* tomorrow. If visitors will assist in distraction, let me know which ward she is in and I'll pop downstairs when I have a break

knuffels

Date: 2011-06-21 08:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dutchy1.livejournal.com
If knuffels would help, I did send all in store. But whats in store is a happy ending and you all glad the doctors got every precaution. Do not forget to open a pacel a day and de 'beschuit met muisje' it might help! (at least to lift your spirit!)
Sending all the love to you four! Uncle Ed and Aunty Nan.

Date: 2011-06-23 09:09 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] nicky-cky.livejournal.com
Many hugs and much love from all of us. Dan has been asking what the new baby's name is, and has granted his seal of approval - apparently it's a very VERY nice name. (My favourite childhood teddy, which now belongs to Dan, is called Benjamin too.)

Date: 2011-06-23 04:06 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] poppymayhem.livejournal.com
Love and hugs to you all, I hope the whole family is together soon xxx
Page generated Oct. 4th, 2026 02:57 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios